Disney Cruise Deal 7 Tips
1. Most importantly you should always deal with a professional who is also a Cruise Specialist. They will have more access to get better pricing for your Disney Cruise Deal. If you shop around and ask friends, you may become disappointed that their advice isn’t your idea of your dream cruise vacation. The advice they give may end up costing you more than you bargained for.
2. Location-Location-Location!!! While this is true enough for real estate, we are talking about Cruises. And yes, your cabin can be considered real estate for the time you rent it out. Not only does it count in cruise deals, but the size of your home away from home also counts. Inside cabins will always be less expensive. Most experienced cruisers already know this. But here is how that plays out. A cabin with a porthole (Ocean view) will come at a bit higher cost than the Inside, and a Verandah (balcony) cabin will be more. Also, there are several cabins on board that have an obstructive view and these would be offered at a considerable savings.
3. Off peak times will offer you magical rates for your Disney cruise. It is possible to get a discounted deal on Disney cruise if you are flexible about your travel dates. This may mean having to take the kids out of school in order to travel during January, early in February, May, the later part of August through October and even the parts of November and December that aren’t holiday weeks. Booking your Disney cruise at least 3-6 months in advance are also highly recommended to assure you the best deals possible.
4. Onboard credits will give you extra money to spend while on your Disney cruise. These offers are usually given as an incentive to book within a time frame so you must be able to put your money down in order to confirm these. Shipboard credits will usually be between $ 25-$ 50 per cabin and can be used for all your purchases aboard the ship. You can’t get money back for these but you can certainly find places to spend your new found money!!
5. Other discounts such as resident and military are sometimes available for select sailings. Always remember to ask if any of these apply to the dates you have picked.
6. Land and Sea packages will allow you to spend part of your vacation on a Disney cruise and the other exploring Disneyworld. While Disney will offer this as a combo deal-it usually works out less expensive when you book your vacations seperately. Your agent can figure it out both ways and offer you the best deals.
7. An insiders tip for a family of 5. You can either book into an expensive Category 4 cabin which is a Deluxe Family Stateroom or more economically, you could book two seperate connecting Category 9 (ocean view) or Category 10 (Inside) and have two full bathrooms instead of 1 as well as more privacy.